Monday 17 September 2012

WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO AN ENTREPRENEUR?


James Mwangi, the CEO of Equity Bank, who won the Ernst and Young's World Entrepreneur of the Year award this year believes that an entrepreneur is a dream maker - someone who identifies gaps in products and services and is willing to make the dream come true.

What is your understanding of an entrepreneur? Are you an entrepreneur?

Car shade done by Shade Systems E. A Ltd

I do believe that entrepreneurs are not born, they are people who adapt to the circumstances that surround them and take the opportunity that is before them. Is there any guarantee that the children of Sir Richard Branson will continue his legacy when he resigns from the helm of the Virgin group of companies? Richard saw the gap that there was in the market and decided to give it a shot, since then, things have never been the same. When I was starting out Shade Systems E A Ltd, I met so many set backs on my way. Those are the kind of setbacks that would make an entrepreneur give up. This was not the case for me, I met them with courage and kept praying to God to open the doors for me.

My description of an entrepreneur is a person who creates a need and offers the solution to it.

He is quite different from a businessman; who uses the tried and tested avenues to make profits. You have to be a risk taker to excel in entrepreneurship. My advice to the youth is that they keep their eyes open so as to be able to see opportunities and gaps in the market.

Like our Shade Systems E. A. Ltd Page on Facebook HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment